The remarkable career of Walter Madison
For a period of time spanning two decades, Attorney Walter Madison has concentrated in criminal defense litigation. He began his legal career in the prosecutor's office and then accepted a position as judicial attorney for a common pleas judge. Since, he has been in private practice currently managing his own firm.
In 2005, Attorney Madison received recognition from the Summit County Ohio Trial Lawyers Association and The Scanlon Inn of Court, Akron, Ohio for outstanding lawyering and being a profile of courage. This Inn is one of over two hundred Inns throughout the United States. These Inns are groups through which many senior lawyers and judges come together to discuss common areas of interest. The Scanlon Inn has state and federal judges, attorneys with many years of experience, and recently admitted members of the bar.
Attorney Walter Madison has tried over 65 cases to juries;
- Represented over fourteen (14) homicide defendants – including many dismissals, acquittals, and several resulting in lesser offenses;
- Represented many vehicle homicide cases;
- Represented and consulted many Internet sex cases;
- Represents a rapidly growing cyber-crime clientele;
- Provided many clients with indictment strategies that resulted in no charges being filed;
- Represents clients during Parole Board hearings;
- Represented countless DUI, driving under suspended license, and domestic violence cases;
- Has represented clients in Ohio Counties: Summit, Cuyahoga, Franklin, Portage, Stark, Tuscarawas; Lorain, Lucas, Mahoning, Colombiana, and Wayne Counties;
- Has represented clients in Federal and State courts: Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania;
- Argued State Criminal Appeals;
- Defended cases in the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio and Eastern District of Michigan.